Friday 15 February 2019

Mix media canvas.

Hi friends,

Today I would like to share my new project ,which I have been thinking of doing for quite

sometime.As I was more involved in my classes mainly teaching decoupage,so my hands were

itching to do another canvas with decoupage as the main technique.The size of the canvas is

 12x16inch.(stretched ).

What makes this project a bit different is that I chose to have the image printed on tissue so that the

image looks part of the canvas.After several unsuccessful attempts I was able to get a decent copy out

 of my regular printer.Hence I did a fixative layer  on top to seal the ink so it does not react to the

 mod podge.

The canvas was already primed so just did loads of structured texture work through the stencils.I have

 used both modelling paste and two in one gesso from Itsybitsy to give textures.Coloring has been

 done using color splash sprays and chalk paints from Itsybitsy.Also the flowers are also from Little

Birdie by Itsybitsy.

Have also done some gold foiling using Cadence products.

Hope you like it and are inspired to try something similar.Enjoy.

















2 comments: