Saturday 15 February 2020

Hi friends,
I am back with my second post for the month. This month was very exciting as I received another batch of products from Little Birdie Crafts. I was particularly looking forward to working with the newly launched Metallic Wax in different colours and the Stone Texture Paste.
I decided to alter a candy box.
This candy box was lying unused for a while. The tin box had cute wheels which instantly attracted me. I thought I would give it a mixed media makeover and also use the new products. I have used Little Birdie Stone Texture Paste to add texture and waxes to add color. No project is complete without using some super awesome Little Birdie handmade flowers.
                                                    PROJECT: ALTERED BOX

Step by Step Process
Step 1 : I took a tin candy box which was too cute to throw away. I decided to give it a  makeover in mixed media style. I  thought of using Stone Texture Paste which is excellent for creating a gritty texture and also has great holding strength. The images are self explanatory.


I also added some die cuts to add elements of interest.


I also pasted a metal handle on the lid with silicone glue.

Step 2: After everything was firmly adhered and dry, I decided to do a composition on the front portion. I used chipboard shapes, metal embellishment and MDF cutout. All these were pasted on the project with heavy gel medium.



Step 3 : The next step was to decide the colors. As I had three different colors of waxes, I decided to use all three! First I colored the whole project with black chalk paint. You can use black gesso too. After it dried, I used my finger to rub the metallic waxes onto the surface.

Step 4: Once I was happy with the colors, I further embellished the box with some pretty white flowers. I also added some microbeads.
I am very happy with how the metallic waxes added shine and color to the project. Hope you like the project and are inspired to try something similar with the new products.







Thanks for being here and for your continued support.
Ruchi.
List of supplies used here.


No comments:

Post a Comment