Saturday 15 February 2020

Hi friends and fellow crafters,
It's Ruchi here back with yet another project which has the message of HOPE.
I had this awesome oval alterable frame which I had purchased sometime back and never got to work on it. It was kind of peeking out of my stash and I decided to listen to its call. So here it goes... I have used crackle effect as the focal technique for this project. Hope you like it.

STEP BY STEP PROCESS:
Step 1: The first step is always to gather supplies. I have used the whitewashed alterable frame from Little Birdie crafts and the recently launched decoupage papers.

Next, I decided to use the Two step Crackle Medium. After I applied the base coat, I let it dry for 30 minutes and then applied the top coat. The thickness of the top coat will determine the size of cracks. Thicker the layer, wider the cracks. I let this coat dry naturally and then applied metallic wax to highlight the cracks.


Step 2: Next I decided to give a coat of Crackle Paste on to the entire frame. The Crackle Paste was applied and left to dry naturally. It is important to not use any heat tool for drying it. Again the thickness of the coat of this paste will determine the width of cracks. I gave it a medium coat.

Next, I used some chalk paints and wax to form a base layer. After this, I again sprayed some Color Splash - Mocha to add depth.



Step 3:Now comes the most exciting part as I decided to use the gorgeous flowers from my stash. Little Birdie's collection of flowers are simply out of this world and the best in the market. It is always a challenge to choose from the vast array of the flowers as all of them are so pretty!

  FINAL PROJECT
I used some micro stones, glitters, metal embellishment and clay castings to finish my project. The clay castings are highlighted with metallic wax. Hope you like the project. Some closeup pics...........






See you soon. Keep crafting and enjoy!
Love
Ruchi
List of supplies used here in this project:


No comments:

Post a Comment