Saturday 15 February 2020

Hi friends,
A big hello to you all from Ruchi. I am very excited to share yet another project, which is more of a shabby chic style work. Just cant get over the beautiful Little Birdie flowers and so decided to create yet another project keeping them in focus.
I called this altered hoop 'Sheer Magic' as I have used a sheer cloth to enhance the beauty of the flowers.
                                        PROJECT : SHEER MAGIC ALTERED HOOP

Step By Step Process
Step 1: The first step of course is an idea that formed in my mind as to what I wanted to achieve with this project. As the objective was to showcase the flowers, I chose a sheer material to give an ethereal feel to the composition. I chose some organza fabric from my stash to adhere to the embroidery hoop.

Also, I gathered other supplies like chipboard, paints, glitter glue, and flowers.
Step 2: Next, I decided to give the hoop some distressed color effect matching the material. Also gave some glitter treatment to the already primed chipboard with Fairy Sparkle - Mocha. Once the base color was dry on the hoop, I applied some candle wax and than painted with a lighter shade.  Once that dried naturally, I distressed the edges with sandpaper.  I stretched the sheer material on the hoop and neatly cut the excess from behind.



Step 3: Now, to add some interest to the hoop, I decided to use Twinkle Melange - Star Sparkle in silver color. I used a hard brush to spread glue at the bottom section of the hoop to give it some shine and sparkle. I was extremely happy with the results achieved!



At this stage I pasted the sentiment, which was already dry

Step 4: Next, I laid out all the flowers from my stash to see which ones I would like to use here. They are all so amazing that it was a tough decision to make. But I hope I have have done justice to the flowers. I used assorted flowers from several packs. I used some white die cut leaves from my stash too.




                                                    FINAL LOOK: SHEER MAGIC                                

 Hope you enjoyed this creative time with me. Bye till we meet again here,
Regards,

Ruchi
List of supplies:

Twinkle melange stars  https://itsybitsy.in/products/twinkle-melange-silver-stars-13gm-bottle?_pos=6&_sid=c80e97320&_ss=r


No comments:

Post a Comment