Saturday 15 February 2020

Hi friends,
I am back again with an interesting project which I created for my son. Last week was very exciting as I was asked to do a Live demonstration of my journal page at an Itsy Bitsy craft store in my area.
The whole experience of teaching all about art journalling to a group of ladies who were not familiar with it, but very eager to learn. It was exciting and satisfying at the same time.  I am very thankful for the opportunity.
For this month's end post I created a mono letter "R" for my son to carry back to his dorm room.
 MIX MEDIA DECOR MONO LETTER

Step by step:
Step 1: I used Little Birdie Crackle Medium on the surface of an old wooden letter 'R'. The surface was a bit uneven and took the Crackle Medium well. Generally I would recommend that you first gesso the surface and then use the Crackle Medium.

Step 2 : Then, to add more texture and add interest to the surface, I added some Stone Texture Paste nad Mixed Media Paste randomly. Once these were dry, I used some die cuts from my stash.

Step 3: I let this layers dry for about 6-8 hrs and after that I painted the surface with Little Birdie chalk paint - Charcoal. You can use black gesso also. After this, I gathered some resin embellishments, old clock face which came from my son's old wrist watch, chipboards (which I cut out to match the tight spaces of my project). I coated them all with black chalk paint and pasted them with heavy  gel  medium.


Step 4: After pasting the elements, it was time to decide the colors. Again as this is a masculine project I played safe by choosing blue. I used different shades of chalk paint and acrylic paints. Used dry brushing technique to get the desired results. I than finished the project by adding Little Birdie flowers which come in ombre shades.

I am happy with the outcome and so is my son....Thanks for being here. A list of supplies used are given below.

Some more pictures and close ups.....




Thanks again for your love and support,
Ruchi.
List of supplies used:

No comments:

Post a Comment