Saturday 15 February 2020

Hi friends,
Ruchi here. I am back again with yet another altered project. It has been a good run for past six months and I have enjoyed creating for you and with Little Birdie products. The term of six months seemed to have flown by rather quickly.
I have used the awesome flowers which are so unique in terms of formation and the colors. I absolutely love everything about them. I have used an old bottle to make this altered project.
                                             VINTAGE ALTERED BOTTLE

STEP BY STEP PROCESS
STEP 1: The first step is to decide what you want to use your creative energy for! Of course my all time favorite activity is to alter objects as I love the whole recycling thing. For this project I have used an old bottle as a base. A little tip for all of you struggling with the labels on the bottle. Just dip your bottle in lukewarm water and some vinegar in a bucket. Leave overnight and just peel of the sticker. This works best as applying heat with heat gun does not give results with strong glues.
I gathered a bottle, some chipboard shapes and Little Birdie Stone Texture Paste.

I have taken a laser printout of a vintage lady which I have coated with varnish twice and pasted on to a bubble design chipboard.

I took some chipboard and coated them with white gesso. Although these chipboard are pre-primed, I wanted another layer as I was not sure how I was going to color it at this point.
STEP 2 : Next ,I decided to add some texture to the bottle and used Mont Marte Modelling Paste and a Little Birdie stencil. Also used some Stone Texture Paste. I must say, the paste is so good that it stuck to the nonporous glass base with ease and did not slip or come off the bottle despite its vertical position.



STEP 3 : Once I pasted all the elements with gel medium I let the project dry for about 12 hours as wanted everything to be absolutely dry and again glass being non porous, did not want to take any chances. Once dry, I coated the whole bottle with black chalk paint. I did some dry brushing with other shades of chalk paints .



STEP 4 : After coloring the base, it was time to start embellishing the project with beautiful flowers in totally unusual shades. This remains my most exciting time of working on any project. I was extremely happy with the outcome and hope you all will enjoy.
                                           FINAL LOOK : VINTAGE ALTERED BOTTLE







Thanks for being here,
with best regards,

List Of materials used:


1 comment: