Friday 10 April 2020

Hello friends,

Ruchi here on the blog today with a new project which I created using an old embroidery hoop. It is not my usual style but I like to mix up things and see where it takes me!
My thought behind this layout style mixed media alteration was a gentle reminder again, to myself to be Bold, Daring, and Original in my creative efforts. I want to be fearless in pursuit of my creative adventures and this quote was the reflection of my thoughts.
Hope you like my take here and try to attempt it, using some awesome products from Little Birdie Crafts collection. I am totally loving the Stone Texture Paste and got myself some more. It has such great texture and is ready too use. No mixing, no fuss.

PROJECT : Altered Hoop - "Be You"



Step by Step Process

Step 1: I took an old embroidery hoop which was not in use due to some cracks  it developed over time .I measured out a piece of sun board to the size of the circle and cut it with a blade. After that, I coated it with some white gesso, used a  stencil with modelling paste to give some texture and added pages from an old book randomly on to the cutout. I did not paste this on the hoop, as it gave me a better hold to do stencilling etc. I gave a coat of clear gesso to the book pages as I wanted to prime them but not cover them.


Step 2 : Once the base was done, I tackled the hoop. I used Stone Texture Paste to the hoop to give it texture and dimension. Once it dried (which was rather quick, I must say) I painted it with white gesso. As I had already decided the focal point (which is an image from a calendar) I chose some matching brown, yellow and gold color sprays to add color to the background. I fussy cut the image and worked everything around it.







Step 3 : Once the colors dried, I did some stencilling with chalk paint to give a foliage effect.  I added some natural sisal fiber to the base to the image. To give the hoop a more grungy look, I decided to add a touch of brown, red and a dash of yellow chalk paints and cover it. I also decided to use a piece of chipboard which I painted with similar colours used on the hoop.











Step 4: Now it was time to assemble the whole thing. I pasted some leaves on the hoop. Next. I  pasted the chipboard shapes and the sisal fiber. Then I added my focal point (gave two coats of gloss varnish to the image) and some micro beads to add interest. Lastly It was time to add the sentiment which got me started on the project.







                                                                  The Final Look!













Thanks for visiting,
Love and hugs,
Ruchi

No comments:

Post a Comment